If your New Year Resolutions (NYR) are to get fit (then you’ve come to the right place!), then you know you will need some gear to help you achieve those goals. You may remember from my Confessions of a Fitness Addict that I am a sucker for some spandex yoga pants any day of the week, but seriously, the right gear can help you feel comfortable, look and feel good and even enhance performance. So without further adieu, check out my guide to get fit clothes:
My all time favorite, you know I love me some Lulu! The technology is the best and the clothes are so flattering. A few of my favs below!
2. Free to Be Tank– $58, made for yoga or the gym, moisture-wicking, criss-cross back straps for comfort and ease in twisting, quick drying, pre-shrunk
3. Run Back on Track Tank– $64, made for running to stay cool and dry, moisture-wicking, anti-odor, breathable, medium coverage
4. Scuba Hoodie Stretch– $108, made for on-the-go, pre-shrunk, cotton fleece, thumholes, hood
5. Groove Pant– $98, made for yoga, gym and on-the-go, moisture-wicking, four way stretch, pre-shrunk, chafe resistant
I love Athleta not just for gym gear but for all my sporting activities (yoga, cycling, skiing, tennis, golf, watersports). You name it, Athleta will dress you for it!
2. Spin Knicker– $64, made for cycling, fitted, mid-rise, chamois pad protector
3. Polartec Power Stretch Low Rise Pant– $98, made for winter sports, lining lends weight for thermal insulation while training, soft interior wicks and brushes to keep you dry. I have this for skiing and other winter sports and they are the BEST!
4. Peek Tank– $59, made for the gym, fitted, wicking, breathable, keyhole back, medium support, up to SPF 50
5. Aloha Cast Away Reversible Bikini– $52 ($46 for the bottoms), I love this for so many reasons. First, the Aloha pattern and colors (also comes in green/blue and black/pink) totally remind me of my honeymoon in Hawaii. Second, I believe every gal who is at least somewhat athletic needs to own a bathing suit that is not made of string and will stand up to paddle boarding, kayaking, surfing, snorkeling and what have you. I love that this particular model has a sports bra like appearance (better coverage). It also has SPF protection. I also recommend getting the bottoms 🙂
O.k. this one is my absolute new favorite. I went to the Target by my parents earlier this fall (their Target is so amazing!) and stumbled upon Champion’s line of fitness gear for Target called C9. I LOVE IT! It is flattering, stylish, comfortable and much less expensive than some of my other favorite brands (see above). The only drawback is that some of their items run a bit big and if you are petite, it won’t be worth it, but even at 5’2 I found some great things!
I love Zumba wear. All the bright colors really makes you want to get your groove on and do a little salsa! Click on the Zumba logo on the right hand side to get 10% off your purchase!
2. Strut Leggings– $44, fitted, soft lyra, super cute
3. Feel the Music Tank– $20, racerback cute tank
4. Feelin It Cargo Capri– $45, loose relaxed fit perfect for dancing
5. Z Kickz II– $75, I have these and LOVE them! They are perfect for dancing. Not too grippy so you can pivot without worrying about twisting a knee but not too slippery either. They are rather wide but that allows for a lot of room!
Good stable workout gear! Mid-range in pricing. I, of course, love the colors.
2. EasyTone Double Layer Short Sleeve– $24.99, fitted to contour body, resistance technology, moisture-wicking
3. CrossFit Lightweight Tank– $48, moisture wicking, anit-chafing, four way stretch
4. EasyTone Fitness Capri– $24.99, fitted to contour body, resistance technology, moisture-wicking, perfect for high performance exercise
5. CrossFit Tri Blend Long Sleeve Top– $45, perfect for working out in during those cold winter months
If you are concerned about throwing down too much cash for nice gear, two thoughts for you: 1.) Use it as motivation to NOT QUIT! Think: I can’t quit now, I’ll waste all that money I’ve spent!!! or 2.) Buy one or two pieces now and promise to allow yourself new articles of clothing everytime you reach a goal. For instance, stick with your workouts for one whole week- new socks! Do 4 cardio sessions a week for 2 weeks- New top! Stick with workouts for a whole month- New top and pants! You get the idea.
Hope your January is off to a good start! Stick with it and check back tomorrow for some more helpful tips!