Diet-To-Go Summer Shape-Up With a Little Common-Sense
June 20, 2013
Hi there! Hope your week is going well and you have some great weekend plans! If you remember awhile back I posted about Diet-to-Go, a meal delivery service I used for my wedding. Well, as a Diet-to-Go Ambassador, I wanted to highlight this service once again because I think it’s a really effective tool to use if you are trying to shape up for summer!*
Diet-to-Go is a diet meal delivery service that ships nationwide (although there is fresh local pickup in several cities including Los Angeles, D.C., Baltimore, Philadelphia and San Fran). They offer portion and calories controlled plans that can help you on a path towards healthier eating. There are several different plans providing an option for everyone. For my summer shape up I tried the 5 day, 3 meals per day plan. There are two calorie options: 1,200 and 1,600. I tried the 1,200 calorie option and supplemented with healthy snacks as necessary due to my workout schedule. I chose the traditional plan but there is also a low-carb and vegetarian option. You can also choose a lunch and dinner option only and if you are looking for extra help, you can choose seven days a week instead of five days. I love how customizable this program is!
Now for the details! Here was the menu for the past week:
Mango Cranberry Muffin with Orange Marmalade and Drinkable Yogurt
Cinnamon Raisin Bagel with Cream Cheese
Blueberry Pancakes with Turkey Sausage
Fruit Ambrosia with Granola Bar
Waffles with Light Syrup
Deluxe Turkey Sandwich with Apple
Chicken Alfredo Melt with Apple
Turkey Ham Salad
Szechuan Turkey Burger
Lobster and Veggie Ravioli
Italian Meatball on Fettucini
Penne Pasta with Turkey Meat Sauce
The meals are delivered on a weekly basis by UPS or FedEx and everything comes in an insulated, refrigerated box.* You simply unload your meals, put ‘em in the fridge and break ‘em out when you are ready to eat. Almost all meals need to be heated in the microwave although some portions of meals are non-microwavable (like apples, oranges, condiments, juice, etc). The meals are complete with accompaniments so you literally don’t have to worry about a thing. All meals can be frozen so if you get off schedule and are unable to finish your meals for the week, just pop them in the freezer for later.
Here’s what I liked about the service:
– It is so convenient. The meals are delivered directly to your door and you’re ready to go for the whole week. No grocery shopping, no menu planning, no cooking! If you’re busy and you don’t have time to cook, this program is for you! It takes all the guesswork out of eating healthy.
– The food is good! My favorites include the pasta, pizza and turkey chili. I also love how you can request substitutes for meals you don’t prefer. For example, I’m not a huge fan of eggs but I can substitute out egg meals for something else like, say, waffles.
– There are five weeks of meals before the rotation restarts. There is plenty of variety and you don’t have to worry about getting bored with your food!
– The calorie and portion control works perfectly and I didn’t feel hungry after meals. Admittedly I did need to supplement my meals with healthy snacks but I am pretty active so this is to be expected.
– The price is reasonable. For three meals a day, five days a week the price is $112 plus shipping. Not bad considering I would probably spend this much at the grocery store anyway!
A few things I missed on Diet-to-Go:
– Fresh food! Because the food arrives frozen and needs to be reheated there is not a lot of fresh food like salads, fresh fruit and fresh veggies. I find that I really crave these things on this plan. If you are doing the five day plan, you can always add these things in on the weekend or during snacks!
– Certain cuisines. I have a varied palate and I love Asian, Indian, Mexican, Italian. . . the list goes on. I would love to see some more options for these types of foods in the plan. Although they have pasta, which is my number one favorite thing! 🙂
If you are looking to shape up for summer, I have some fabulous news for you! Diet-to-Go has some great chances to win free meals and get discounts on their product!
Right now they have a sweepstakes on Facebook where you could win a whole month of free meals! Runner-ups can win 1 week worth of meals. For more information and rules, click here. To enter, visit them on Facebook.
Even if you don’t win the sweepstakes, you can still get Diet-to-Go for less! As an Ambassador I can offer you, my awesome readers, a discount of $50 off any 7 day meal plan. How cool is that!? See below for the gift card and code!
Diet-to-Go will be hosting its very own DietBet: Diet-to-Go’s Summer Shape-Up, which will give YOU the opportunity to win money for losing weight. In addition to splitting the pot, we will give all winners a $50 gift card to use towards the purchase of any 7-day meal plan! Click here to join and take advantage of this incredible opportunity!
If you are looking for moral support, then look no further! “Common-Sense Healthy Living” on Google +: is a place to get real healthy living tips, weight loss ideas that actually work, recipes and much, much more? In the Google + community, people just like you share what’s worked (and what hasn’t worked) for them. You can come be a part of this fun community on Google + by clicking here.
* As a Diet-to-Go Ambassador I am compensated for this post but all views and opinions are entirely my own.
Excellent workout as always. It's challenging, fun and easily one of my favorite workouts!
Fantastic class! Great technique pointers. Always new exercises to challenge oneself!
I am excited to take classes with Brittany in person this summer! I have followed Brittany online for some time. I particularly like the Barre and Pilates workout videos. Her workout techniques reflect current thinking and best practices. She supports all levels of fitness. Definitely worth a try!
Brittany is the BEST. She is inspirational, motivational and innovative. No two classes are ever the same. I'm sad when the summer classes end, but I'm looking forward to checking out her online classes this fall and winter.
My wife and I decided to give Balance Barre Fitness a try and we were not disappointed. We thought the classes would be pretty easy but were surprised at how rigorous they were. The class was great for working on our coordination and core strength. I don't get to many ...