Hey all! Well, we’ve made it to Friday! Day número 5 of Joi’s Blog Challenge! Woo hoo! Today’s prompt is a useful list. Well, since this is a fitness blog, I thought it might be fitting to let you in on what’s in my gym bag. Plus, I’ve got a fun giveaway for you!!
1) Sneakers. Necessary for most workouts. I like mine bright!
2) Sparkly Soul headband. These have been THE headband to wear forever now but I only recently got on board after receiving a complimentary one at my DMF media class. It stays in place like no other headband! I lost it for like three days and freaked out. Seriously.
3) Water bottle. Need to stay hydrated!
4) Snacks. I need to nosh either pre-or post-workout. I like to carry nutritious snacks with me.
5) Cute workout clothes. Who am I trying to impress? Me, of course!
6) Face wipes. Working out in makeup is no good. Face wipea to get rid of my pretty face is a must!
7) Yoga mat. I’m a germaphob so I like to carry my own mat with me!
8) Heart rate monitor. An absolute must! Shows heart rate, duration and calories burned!
9) iPhone. Gotta take selfies have a playlist!
10) My OOFOS recovery sandals. The good people at OOFOS sent me these sandals to try out and I love them! I wasn’t sure at first but I have these really attractive bunions in my feet you see and they hurt. These sandals make my feet feel so good! I commute to workout in flip flops in the summer and they are so bad for my feet. These sandals give me the necessary support in all the right places. My arches are in heaven and my bunions miraculously don’t hurt! I seriously can not recommend them enough if you want your feet to feel great. I put them on everything I walk into my house!
The patented foot bed technology provides not only arch support but impact absorption as well as greater cushioning. OOFOS broke new ground with the introduction of OOfoam, the first ever foam compound to assist athletic recovery. After four years of working with a leading chemist we developed OOfoam, a proprietary foam compound unique to the footwear industry.
To learn more about OOFOS, including where to buy, visit their website!
And the good people at OOFOS have provided me with a pair to give to one lucky reader! Just leave a comment below for your chance to win! You have until Wednesday next week and I’ll announce the randomly-selected winner on Thursday! Good luck!
I like it a lot. The calorie burner is not an exact science but close enough. I find it really helpful in bootcamp classes/spin where my heart rate tends to get too high and I need to pull back. I have never tried FitFlops but I’m loving the OOFOS for sure!
I also have to have my heart rate monitor. It helps keep me motivated to see how many calories I am burning.
Those sandals sound pretty awesome. I have ugly bunions too but I’m usually in sneakers all day so they don’t bother me too badly. But they would be a great option to have on hand!
I don’t even have a gym bag – I carry in my water bottle and phone with earbuds and that’s it. I leave my lifting gloves in the car and grap them when I need them. I always go to the gym straight from home and come home right after, so I travel light. Those flip flops look great – the super flat ones offer no support even though they are cute.
I don’t carry a gym bag because I work out at home. Okay, I’m going to a class this morning but since it’s for one hour I’m still not taking anything. My yoga mat. I’m taking that. Now I’m thinking I better pack a bag. Thanks a lot, Britt! 🙂
Those OOFOS shoes are awesome! My mom would think I’m the best daughter in the world if I won her a pair. They don’t come in super teeny size to fit me but that’s okay, no shoes really do.
Visiting from Joi’s #MBC my bag gym bag consists of a LOT of stuff…LOL! I workout twice a day (during my lunch break and after work) so I have workout clothes for both work outs, toiletries for showering to include shower shoes and a cover up & wash towel, water, post work out snacks, and an extra change of clothes. My gym is really like a duffel bag and is always filled with stuff…LOL!
My husband and I are preparing ourselves for a new workout regimen. By new I mean getting up and getting going. I have the shoes. I’ll pack the water. I hadn’t thought about the snacks or makeup wipes. I will be sure to include that. Wish us luck! #mbc
Very appropriate giveaway to go with this cool post! My list is long http://rxfitnesslady.com/what-to-put-in-your-gym-bag/ I posted on it a few months ago. It is sooo heavy! I honestly feel that I might need that junk one day. I have most of the stuff on your list too. I love the bright shoes and sparkly head band! My kinda girl.
Thanks for participating and awesome giveaway hun!
Ooo pick me, pick me. My dog has literally eaten every pair of flip flops and sandals that I own! Lol it’s terrible. The husband would be grateful because he generally puts out the cash to replace the mishaps!
My gym bag has my headband, Bokos sandals, my electronics pouch w headphones, watch, monitor, ipod etc, my lifting journal, sunglasses, gloves for cold weather and usually a swim suit in case I need the hot tub!