Hey friends! It’s March! I am so hoping this will be a warm March where spring is just around the corner. Although, with the way this winter has been going, I don’t really have high hopes! It’s ok though because March is still going to be Marvelous as we await the arrival of spring! Here is how I plan on making March Marvelous!
1. Try something new. This time of year I feel really blah. The weather is gray and cold and everyday seems like I am just trudging through waiting for some sun, warmth and good times. I love to look forward to things, so my simple solution is to change things up and try something new this month. I’m going to see Chelsea Handler at Madison Square Garden this weekend. Totally not my thing but a friend invited me and in effort to do something different, I said yes!
2. Tackle a project. Ok, I should re-phrase this and say tackle one project since I constantly have numerous projects going and none of them finished. I’m going to prioritize and work my way through each one!
3. Get ready for spring. It may not be warmer but I’m counting down the days until I ditch these itchy wool sweaters! I’m hitting the gym for tank-top ready arms and assessing my spring wardrobe! If you are lucky enough to have some warm weather, why not try this outdoor workout?
4. Plan some events. Warmer weather means more and more outdoor festivals and events. As I said, I love to look forward to things so I’m starting now to look for some fun events around the city and purchasing tickets if I need to.
5. Buy some flowers. Flowers immediately perk up a space and while the real ones may not be in bloom yet, I’m going to treat myself to some store-bought bouquets to brighten up my mood!
6. Just veg. I feel like once the warm weather hits, I become a go-go energizer bunny who doesn’t have time to sit down (or really want to!) so I am giving myself complete permission to sit on the couch and watch TV this month!
7. Revamp. We all are gung-ho about making new year resolutions in January, I am reassessing my resolutions in March and making sure I am on track.
Finally, I hope you committed to doing one thing every single day in February to make yourself a healthier, happier person! I know I enjoyed the challenge and I hope you did too! The winner of the Find Your Balance February Challenge is Rebecca! Congratulations Rebecca on winning a $50 gift card to Athleta! Rebecca, I’ve emailed you about your prize!
Readers, how do you plan to make March Marvelous? How are your new year resolutions going? Do you think we will have a warm spring?
this is a great list for a marvelous March. i’m also praying for Spring to arrive, like, stat. hmm how do i plan to make this a marv month…hopefully more outdoor running; my first half marathon of 2014; final snowboarding hoorahs; writing more creative pieces. 🙂 happy Marching!
I love your attitude – I’m in a funk right now (like every February), and making a list like this might be a great way to snap myself out of it! I don’t see spring on the horizon over here either; this week is one our coldest this winter. Can’t WAIT for it to warm up!
I have a lot of fun things planned this month, so I’m looking forward to it! Hopefully they won’t get in the way of my resolutions!! 😉 And no way, at least where I am at, Spring will be chilly, for sure.
This is a great list! I need to begin planning events and tackling a few projects. Life has been on hold a bit since I injured my foot and have focused on my recovery. We have very nice weather in AZ right now. I will try to send warm weather your way!
Your March already sounds marvelous! I am nervous we’re going to go straight from sub-zero into full-on NYC summer – which would be a total bummer because I LOVE spring!! I’m planning a late April vacation so I can have something to look forward to during this month!
What a great list of ideas you’ve come up with for all of us. You have such a positive mindset, which can be so hard to keep w/ the poor weather happening in the States for so many people. Sure Chelsea Handler may not be your thing, but I bet you’ll have a wonderful & non stop laughing time 🙂
#11!! In the summer I feel like I need to be out enjoying every second of it because the time is so short. I too have been giving myself full permission to lay on the couch and loads of TV. Which I NEVER do!
Ah yes, it’s marvelous but would be better if it were above 25 degrees! I love number 6 because once that sun comes out, I’ll feel obligated to be out in it. Before I know it, I’ll be complaining of the heat. I’m trying to remember this as I bundle up for every single run!! Thanks for a little sunshine today 🙂
Congrats to Rebecca! I am staying gluten free and sticking to my trainers program. That’s about all I can handle in March because I just moved to a new department at work and am learning a whole new job. I think that should count too. 🙂
I’m not a Chelsea Handler fan but I think you will enjoy going with your friend. I bet you have a great time.