Hi friends! I hope you had a fabulous weekend! Remember back when I did the barre crawl and I won a Clarins gift card? Well, I finally put it to good use this weekend and got a facial. When I arrived the facialist explained that because it was a 50 minute facial there would be no extractions. I honestly thought she could hear my inner voice say “YESSSSS!”. Then she explained that it was going to mostly be massaging. I nearly fell into a puddle on the floor. Oh my gosh. It was amazing.
My sister-in-law, Rebecca, is visiting us from Australia for a few weeks with a friend so we decided to head out to brunch on Sunday. We checked out Red Rooster in Harlem, which is supposed to be a great spot. It has historical Harlem charm coupled with southern, comfort-style food. Plus, the live soul music really set the atmosphere! Unfortunately our experience was a bit tainted as I was I told there would be a 45 minute wait and we were seated over an hour later and then didn’t end up getting our food for another half hour after that. The entire brunch ended up taking about 2.5 hours. Luckily my pancakes were good!
Now that it is officially spring, I am gearing up for summer! Summer means strapless stresses, tank tops, shorts and bathing suits. While I am committed to staying in shape and looking my best all year round, there is definitely a part of me that feels a little bit of extra commitment kick in when summer is just around the corner! I’ve put together some of my best workouts that you can do at home with minimal equipment so you can get super fit for summer!
Don’t forget to check with your physician before starting this or any other workout program. Always warm up, cool down and drink plenty of water when working out. For the full terms and conditions associated with these workouts, click here.
1. Take Your Workout Outside! Now that the weather is warming up you can ditch the gym and work on your physique while enjoying the view. This workout is designed to use the space around you and is perfect for combining with a walk or run.
2. Hit the Gym! This weights workout is perfect when you are spending one of those rainy spring days in the gym. You can also do this simple weight workout at home if you have some basic weight equipment.
3. Quick Cardio! This cardio workout doesn’t require any equipment and can be done at home, on the go or in the gym. You can even move this workout outside to a nice spot on the grass!
4. Outdoor Yoga. Once the weather gets warmer I love to take my yoga mat up onto our roof for a little zen session. This yoga practice can be done anywhere though, inside or outside! There is something about oming with nature that is very relaxing though!
5. Stand Up Paddle Workout. Paddle board is optional here! Grab a yoga mat and a broom or something with a long handle. Want an extra challenge? Try balancing using a bosu ball for these exercises to simulate the balance challenge of a paddle board.
6. At-Home Weights Workout. This simple workout only requires a set of weights and a mat. While designed to do at home, it works just as well at the gym.
Readers, are you taking your workouts outside? Ever been to a 2.5 hour brunch? What did you get up to this weekend?
Great suggestions! I am certainly taking my workout outside–walking to beach and jogging through the golf course nearby. I had an amazing Easter Brunch which was about 2 hours long by choice–talking and eating repeatedly!
Thanks for the workouts. I definitely prefer working out outside once the nice weather rolls around. Using benches for tricep dips and pushups always works wonders ! I have no patience to wait that long for a table, I would get Hangry… glad it was worth the wait.
Love all the pictures – you look amazing! I really need more yoga in my life. I’m promising to commit to it this summer when all my BIG training is over. I’m also committed to doing SUP this summer. The hubs and I were just talking about it this weekend so I need to find a place we can do and do it!!
Yea, Red Rooster is so popular that the wait is always super long. BUT the food is pretty good. I’ve only been there for dinner… now I’ll be thinking about brunch.
Is it terrible that I never really opt to workout outside? I hate feeling the sun beating down on me outside… I guess it’s all those years of cheerleading camp. Tumbling, running, chanting, and lifting in the hot sun was no fun for me.