Hi all! Hope you had a fabulous weekend! Min seemed to fly by…not even sure what I did! I do know that I had a fantastic margarita mocktail on Saturday night, which I was quite excited about after a few months of drinking water!
I am so excited it’s June! June is always full of fabulously fun events! I hope you have some plans to make it an excellent month, but if not, here are some suggestions!
1. Stop and smell the roses! Roses bloom this month so take a second to stop and smell their lovely scent.
2. Try a new workout! I love trying new things and this month in NYC we have the return of free Tuesday night workouts at Pier 25 plus Bryant Park yoga. But wherever you are, aim to try something new this month.
3. Plan a weekend of fun with someone you love. Ok, I’ve got like three of these planned this month but taking time to think of some fun events with your significant other or you mom (my Mom is coming to NYC at the end of the month!) or your best friend, will make the weekend seem extra special.
4. Hit the beach! I’m hoping this one happens soon. I can’t wait to get to the beach this summer!
5. Eat something good. Farmer’s markets, bbqs, picnics…there is able opportunity to enjoy something good this summer. I plan on hitting up a block party BBQ and the famous Brooklyn Smorasburg this month!
6. Get some culture! See a show, go to a museum, visit a historic landmark. Just because school is out doesn’t mean our learning should stop! Enrich your mind this month! I’ve got a few things on my list! 🙂
7. Pump some iron. I’m all about weights and toning this month. While I love cardio, it’s not everything so this month I’m making an effort to work on my muscles. Who wants to join me?
8. Take a walk. The warmer weather screams the perfect time to take a stroll outdoors. I’ve been walking my local park, walking home front work and even taking long hikes on the weekend. It’s two birds with one stone for me: spend some time outside and get some exercise.
Readers, what do you have planned for this month? Would you rather spend time eating, doing something active or learning/participating in something cultural? Any BBQs on your calendar and do you want to invite me?
It’s too hot to be outside! It was 105 here today. I usually get up early to walk or run but I needed a recovery day today after my 3 hour workout yesterday. My body was just too sore. I need to escape the heat. It’s here too soon & won’t be gone until Halloween.
haha love your questions. i’d always choose something active over eating or basically anything else, and if i have a bbq, yes you’re totally invited. 🙂 my wknd was awesome — running, latin dancing, time w/ bro and friends, picnic in Central Park — all ’round amaze.
We leave on our week-long Babymoon this friday! After that, I have my first baby shower, while my husband’s running his triathlon. Those things + a few weddings makes for a busy month, but I plan to focus on staying as active as my body feels like, now that we’re in the third trimester. I may be switching to more walking, but we’ll see.
Hm, what do I have planned for this month? A race in the middle of the month, but other than that, not too much! I’m so flat out with work that if I can keep up regular runs and bike rides, I’ll be happy. Oh – and I’d also like to go hiking. Newfoundland is great for that. 🙂
YAY for June!! I love all of these suggestions. I’ve been so happy to get to the beach a few times since we moved and are now close to it… I feel like I’m getting my fill of Vitamin D, and the sunshine & sand make me a happy girl!