I forgot it was July! It just kind of snuck up on me so my monthly goal update is a little late! Oh well! July is a time to be joyful for sure! I have a feeling that this month has a lot of great things in store!
1. Celebratethe4thinstyle! Ok so it rained here on the actual 4th but that didn’t stop me the rest of the weekend!
2. Take a vacation. July is the perfect time to say goodbye to work and get a little R&R. I’ll be on vacation in the middle of the month. You can find me at the beach with a preggatini in my hand! 😉
3. Work it out. When it gets really hot out, I feel my motivation to workout waning a bit. I’m committed to trying at least one new thing this month to keep myself going and I’m going to try and take my workouts outside as much as possible!
4. Eat, eat, eat. I’m planning on eating a lot of healthy fruits and veggies this month. There is a huge abundance of yumminess at the farmer’s markets and I want to take full advantage of it! I’m hoping there will be at least one fruit or veggies I haven’t tried yet so I can expand my horizons.
5. Relax. June was an amazing month! I did so much but it was also kind of hectic. This month I’m just relaxing. Don’t call, don’t email, don’t ask me what I’m doing…I’m reading a book, laying on the beach, taking a nap! I highly recommend it for everyone.
Readers, what are you doing in July? Any book recommendations for my plan of relaxation? What’s the last thing that made you joyful?
Waking up with my nephew this past weekend made me joyful… and then when he finally called me Aunty for the first time on the phone… but then went back to calling me car. smh. He did get it out once though! lol
I am also planning on eating a lot more fresh fruits and veggies this month. I have yet to visit a farmer’s market this summer so that’s on my list for July! The last thing that made me joyful was going to my favorite Renaissance festival this past weekend with my sister and a family friend. We’ve been going for almost 17 years now and it’s such a fun tradition.
Getting back to my little one after a week away made me joyful! I’ve been trying to be present when I’m with him (leaving my phone in another room etc) to focus more on enJOYing my little one while he’s still little and wants to hang out with me.
I love all of your plans for July, especially the Relax one. It sounds like heaven! I’m definitely planning on getting lots of sleep since I know my “good sleep” nights are numbered. I hope you have a wonderful JULY!
It doesn’t take much to make me joyful. I’m pretty pleased when the cat takes a nap with me. 🙂
I am taking a couple of days off this month but no actual vacation (unless you count a vacation from work). I do plan to go to the pool and lay their and read one day. I’m not taking anyone with me, I just want to rest. Which is what I believe you are recommending.
Enjoy your joyful July. It sounds like you have some good things planned. Especially the beach thing. Perfect!
preggatini…I love you 😉 I’m currently on vacation and am lovinggggg it. Granted this is the first hour of R&R I’ve had, but you know me, I can’t sit still for more than 5 seconds. We’ve already hiked 5 trails!
Excellent workout as always. It's challenging, fun and easily one of my favorite workouts!
Fantastic class! Great technique pointers. Always new exercises to challenge oneself!
I am excited to take classes with Brittany in person this summer! I have followed Brittany online for some time. I particularly like the Barre and Pilates workout videos. Her workout techniques reflect current thinking and best practices. She supports all levels of fitness. Definitely worth a try!
Brittany is the BEST. She is inspirational, motivational and innovative. No two classes are ever the same. I'm sad when the summer classes end, but I'm looking forward to checking out her online classes this fall and winter.
My wife and I decided to give Balance Barre Fitness a try and we were not disappointed. We thought the classes would be pretty easy but were surprised at how rigorous they were. The class was great for working on our coordination and core strength. I don't get to many ...