Hello, Happy Monday everyone! We’ve been working away at our Days of Togetherness over here! I can check number 9 off my list-listen to Xmas music. I’m a big fan of this Christmas Jazz cd. Its all instrumental but I really love it. The only thing missing is the wrapping presents part. Note to self-buy wrapping paper!
Anyway…I decided that now would be a good time to confess to you all. I’m a fitness addict.* That’s right, I’m a fitness addict and I’m not afraid to say it! Now that I’ve admitted it, I should probably confess a few more things 😉
1. I like to dress up in cute workout clothes to work out at home, by myself with no one else around to see me. Sometimes I’m truly dorky and try to dress like the girls in the video. I know. But whatever works for motivation right?
2. I think scheduling my workouts is fun. Most people hate trying to fit in exercise and would rather sit on the couch than hit the gym. I, on the other hand, can’t make it through a week without working out. I actually will be in a bad mood if a scheduled workout must be missed. Crazy? Yes. Healthy? Double yes.
3. I like to workout on vacation. Not only do I hit the gym when I’m on vacation, I try to organize activities that will keep me fit as part of my vacation. I think poor Pete needed a vacation from our honeymoon. The first thing I did when we arrived at the Four Seasons on Lanai was to call the concierge and set up a relaxing week of surfing, golfing, tennis, SNUBA, kayaking, snorkeling and sailing. Recently my family made fun of me when I mentioned how Pete and I would need to train for our next vacation. Oh man.
4. I care more about buying fitness clothes than work/weekend clothes. That’s right. Take me to Athleta or Lululemon any day of the week and I’m in heaven. And I have outfits for all my various sport activities- swimming, tennis, golf, cycling, the list goes on and on. As the hubs likes to say, all the gear and no idea. Although I like to think I have at least some idea.
5. I get really excited for new fitness DVDs and classes. I probably own close to 50 DVDs and have attended hundreds of classes. I’ll try anything at least once. Variety keeps me going! Check out some of my collection…
6. I still love to pig out. I try to eat healthy and exercise all the time but let’s face it, sometimes you just have to give in to cravings and eat something totally and completely decadent. I am totally o.k. with that. I mean when you are 90 years old are you going to care more about the fact that you were the skinniest girl in the room or that you got to eat that amazing meal full of carbs and chocolate. I’ll remember the latter! 🙂
That’s six confessions from me. Readers, what will you confess to?
* I use the term fitness addict in jest to mean that I love and have a passion for working out and staying active and fit. I don’t mean to belittle or make light of people who have the serious condition of compulsive exercising. This kind of exercising can lead to serious injury and should be treated. If you know anyone who suffers from this disorder, encourage them to talk to their doctor.