Yesterday I recapped my Top Moments in 2015 but you may have noticed that there was not one mention of anything fitness-related. That’s because I saved it for an entire post! So many great fitness and health moments this past year, I decided it needed its own countdown. So, here’s the list of the Top Fitness & Health Moments of 2015!
1. Working out with Cooper. Getting back into my workouts post-baby at the beginning of the year was like oxygen for me and getting to bring the little man along was even better. He was such a champ! Although we always finished up the workout with him thinking he did all the work (?)!
2. Opening my studio! This was a big one and a dream come true. I had so much fun with my pop-up studio this summer on Cape Cod. I can’t wait to do it again. Check out my website if you are interested!
3. Online Videos and Classes. My live studio was so rewarding I wanted to keep the momentum going for the rest of the year, so I launched my online barre studio with videos and live streaming classes. It’s still going strong and if you are interested, join me for a class!
4. IDEA Convention + Blogfest. After attending for the first time last year, I knew to expect greatness this year and it didn’t disappoint from amazingly insightful blog sessions to fun fitness classes like piloxing, I had such a blast!
5. Zumba with Beto (and meeting him!). At Blogfest, we had the opportunity to take a small class with the founder of Zumba himself, Beto Perez. His energy was infectious and he was an expert selfie taker!
6. My Boston workouts. Over the summer, I made a point to hit up the Boston fitness scene. It has expanded so much since the last time I spent a significant time working out there in 2008 (actually that is a really long time ago now . . . ). From barre3 to Barry’s to Btone, I tried it all!
7. SUP Yoga. This has been on my to-do list for a long time and I finally decided to check it off with some self-taught SUP yoga this summer. It was such a blast and so challenging. I dare you to try it!
8. Zumba in Brazil. You know I love Zumba but this one was a huge step outside of my comfort zone attending an all-day Zumba event in Brazil with everything in Portuguese! It was worth it though since I made the cut into the ZIN 60 volume! I also got to take my 3rd class with Beto this year! Woo hoo!